Hammer Down Multisport and Coach Karen are please to present a weekend training camp in preparation for Gulf Coast Triathlon
This training camp is for all levels of triathletes from the Beginner to Advanced level. Come train with Northwest Florida’s largest local Triathlon Club on the course of the Gulf Coast Triathlon. The weekend will be packed with valuable training, techniques and tips to successfully complete your first Gulf Coast Triathlon or fine tune your race preparation to set a new personal record.
March 29th & 30th 2014
- Open water swimming practice and techniques in the Gulf of Mexico
- Drills and practice demonstrating how to optimize your bike and run performance in hot and windy conditions
- Training on the Gulf Coast Triathlon swim, bike and run course.
- Introduction to local athletes and coaches for athletes of all levels
- Expert instruction by Hammer Down Multisport USA Swimming, Triathlon, and Track & Field certified coaches.
- Support along the swim, bike and run course.
6:30-7:00 Open water swim brief (Coach Chuck Bass) at Pier Park parking lot next to Margaritaville
7:00-8:00 Open water swim
9:00 Bike start & briefing (Craig Baranowski) – Cyclist will be split into A, B and C pace groups
9:15 Ride the course and finish with an optional out and back up to the Boardwalk Beach Resort, where the run course starts and finishes.
12-2:00 Ride Ends
5:00 Guest Speaker
6:00 Optional Dinner
6:00 Meet at Mellow Mushroom parking lot at 8746 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach for a run briefing (Coach Karen Meadows)
6:15 Run the Gulf Coast Triathlon Course
8:00-10:00 Run Finishes
11:30 Optional Lunch at Mellow Mushroom
1:00 Camp Ends
Athletes must sign a waiver.
Bike groups will determine whether and when to stop at local stores for refueling.
Athletes need to provide all their own food, gear, and lodging as this is a complimentary event, including water and gels for the run and bike course.
What to Bring:
- 1-2 pairs of goggles and swim caps
- 1 set of cycling gear (jersey/ shorts/ bibs)
- 1 set of triathlon gear/ kit (top and bottom)
- 1 set of running gear (shorts and top)
- Bike – tuned up and ready to ride
- Cycling shoes/ pedals/ helmet/ lube
- Extra tube/ CO2/ tire levers/ patch kit
- Sunglasses and/or prescription glasses
- 2 towels
- Running shoes and socks
- Rain jacket
- Water bottles
- Any personal nutrition – gels, energy bars, electrolyte drinks, etc
- Comfortable post-training attire
- Money for food and water at rest stops and post event meals
Questions? Call Coach Karen Meadows at 678-598-8178 or email coachkaren30A@gmail.com.